Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yep, I'm back !

It HAS been a long time, has it? So much so I barely remember how to upload a new post. But tonight I felt the need to share with you all that has been happening since I last told you about my horsey life.


It has been two years now since I started riding, almost day for day. And my, how much I've gained from it all. What was then something I was dared to "try" is now a full blown passion. I just cannot imagine not riding for more than a week.

Since budget is now an issue with the new home and all (yeah, the infamous move), I have accepted the generous offer of a friend to give me lessons in exchange for a little help in terms of barn administration. Yay! She had never tought before so she told me we would start from scratch, review all the basics: position, transitions, deepness of seat, steadiness of hands, all that stuff you really have a hard time grasping & appreciating as a beginner but the value of which you really recognize as a more seasoned rider. But somehow, most probably to please my eagerness to learn new moves, stuff that my previous teacher had quickly moved away from when I started to beg for more exciting challenges than just staying in my saddle. My fault!

So we worked on all the above for a few months. Woah! I can barely recognize myself now! I am the queen of confidence, so much more secure in the saddle, my hands are fixed, my seat a lot deeper and more supple, and my position pretty much flawless (except after a jump, where things usually get a little messier...)

However, things are going great, I still looooove riding. To the point I wish I could make it a carreer, well maybe not as a pro rider, but at least something that would keep me around horses every day. It's ok to dream, isn't it? I'm even considering buying my own saddle. Does anybody have advise when it comes to buying a saddle when you don't actually own a horse? Any models more adaptable? Let me know!

And the new house? Ahhhh! F-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c! I wish I had done it before (even if it never would have been possible). And since my boyfriend pretty much moved in with me the same day, it's a 2 for 1 happiness combo special. Yeah, for those of you who have followed this blog for a while well... the cow-boy is back, he's never really gone that far.

Anyways, I have missed this little horsey community. I'm going to try to resume writing here and read about you guys more often now that my life is back on tracks.

Cheers!


No comments: