Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My achilles tendon is letting me down...

I have a lesson today and my foot hurts like hell. I haven't told you this but about a year and a half ago I had a stupid, stupid accident while washing a window that left a 2" scar on the skin of my Achilles tendon. The window I was washing was out of it's track, it was blown by the wind and fell on my head. It then exploded in a thousand pieces, one of them still large enough to slide along my back and land on my Achilles tendon, slicing the skin open (not the tendon itself though, lucky me). 


Since then, I've struggled with a limp in the morning and some on and off pain. And this pain doesn't seem to be going anywhere, in fact, it's seems to be getting worse. It now extends down to my heel and it really hurts as soon as I put my foot down. And today, it's snowing like crazy in permafrost land, and I don't know if it's even related, but the pain is worse than ever. So bad that I'm even considering not going to my lesson because stretching this thing surely will not make it better. 

Darn... What to do???




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I feel really bad for you. I think I would eat some pain-killers and be on my way, anything not to miss a chance on an equine. Either way, I hope your achilles tendon gets better!

Dea

Back in the saddle said...

I did exactly that! The pain wasn't so bad after all and you are so right: anything to get to ride! But it's a definite wake-up call, I'll need to take care of it soon before it gets any worse. After all, limping does cramp my style! ;-)